Flexi & Bendi Forklift Training
Articulated narrow aisle counterbalanced trucks are sometimes called “Flexi or Bendi trucks”. Flexi and Bendi are two of the largest and best-known manufacturers of this type of forklift truck. This type of forklift truck comes in stand on centre control, and sit down centre control. They may have an internal combustion engine or an electric motor.
Electric motors are most common. Engines may be diesel, kerosene, gasoline, natural gas, butane, or propane fuelled. Unlike standard counterbalance and reach forklifts, these forklifts are steered via the front swivel articulation of the forklift and are very different to manoeuvre than regular forklift trucks.
A guided narrow aisle truck is a counterbalance type sit down electric forklift fitted with a specialized mast assembly. The mast is capable of rotating 90 degrees, and the forks can then advance like on a reach mechanism, to pick full pallets. Because the forklift does not have to turn, the aisles can be exceptionally narrow, and if wire guidance is fitted in the floor of the building the machine can almost work on its own.
Masts on this type of machine tend to lift very high, and the higher racking systems can be installed, this sort of storage system is popular where storage is a premium, and it enables companies to build racking systems up to three times higher than normal when using these types of machines, it is possible to stock an incredible amount of material in what appears to be a small space.
Flexi and Bendi Forklift Training:
We offer Flexi and Bendi forklift training courses for novices and semi-experienced operators of Flexi or Bendi forklifts.
We also offer 1-day refresher training for candidates’ whose certificate of training has lapsed.
Novice operator training duration is recommended to be a minimum 5-day training course by the RTITB.
Semi-experienced training durations will vary dependent on previous experience.
Generally, we recommend RTITB Flexi and Bendi forklift training, this is the most widely accepted scheme in the warehouse and distribution industry, offering the operator better work opportunities.
Flexi and Bendi forklift training is for Flexi and Bendi forklifts of all sizes. Flexi and Bendi forklift training prepares the operator for both the theory and practical test. Operators that achieve the required standards will be awarded a certificate of basic training for the Flexi and Bendi forklift category.
Mon-Fri | 08.30am - 16.30pm
Bendi and flexi forklift training are applicable to novice and semi-experienced candidates that operator the bendi or flexi forklift. Refresher courses are recommended to be taken every 3-5 years by HSE and RTITB.
Industrial Training Services will cover the following on a Flex or Bendi forklift course:
- Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
- (PUWER) Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- (LOLER) Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Different types of Flexi and Bendi forklifts
- Basic construction
- The purpose and use of all controls
- How to comply with manufacturer instructions in accordance with the operator’s
- Checking the Flexi and Bendi truck is serviceable and stable for safe operation
- prior to use
- Pre-start and operational checks
- Checking that safety devices are functioning as per operational specification
- How to drive and manoeuvre machine on level ground
- How to lift carry and place loads
- How to load a simulated lorry on some machines
- How to stack and de-stack from the racking system
- How to manoeuvre the machine through a confined area
- How to recognise and respond to given instructions
- Keeping within safe working parameters of the Flexi and Bendi forklift and other machines in the area
- Placing the Flexi and Bendi forklift in an out-of-service condition to isolate and secure the machine
- The limitations of use when using the Flexi and Bendi forklift
The Flexi and Bendi forklift training course provides the candidate with the skills and knowledge they require to successfully achieve the standards the Flexi and Bendi forklift all sizes test requires.
On completion of a Bendi / Flexi forklift training course; the operative will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the regulations that apply to the safe use of Flexi and Bendi forklift
- Carry out a full pre-start/shift check on the Flexi and Bendi truck and record their findings
- Carry out a full operational check on the Flexi and Bendi forklift and record their findings
- Operate the Flexi and Bendi forklift in line with the manufactures operator’s instructions/manual
- Correctly and safely manoeuvre the machine in the confined area
- Safely ascend and descend slopes if design allows
- Transport load at a speed consistent with the load and general site conditions
- Stack and de-stack loads correctly and safely
- Load and offload simulated lorry safely and efficiently if design allows
- Load and offload from a racking system efficiently
- Keep within safe working parameters of the Flexi and Bendi forklift
- Place the Flexi and Bendi forklift in an out-of-service condition to isolate and secure
- Understand the limitations of use when operating the Flexi and Bendi forklift
- Report any problems or defects
At the end of the Flexi and Bendi truck training course, the candidate should be able to achieve the required standards of the RTITB theory and practical test.
If the candidate achieves the required standards will be awarded a RTITB certificate of basic training.
Industrial Training Flexi and Bendi forklift training courses cover the following legislation:
Health and Safety At Work Act 1974
(PUWER) Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
(LOLER) Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
Rider-operated lift trucks, Approved Code of Practice
Operators, supervisors and managers will have a good understanding of the regulations that apply to the safe operation and use of the type of Flexi and Bendi truck for which they are trained, as well as inspections and the need to keep a record of the checks carried out by the operator and how to operate the side loader as per the manufacturer recommendations.
Specific types of Forklift Training we offer
Flexi & Bendi Forklift Training
Counterbalance Forklift Training
Reach Truck Training
Accredited Forklift Training
Forklift training can be completed in line with a number of accreditations.
We can offer RTITB NORS training which will entitle the candidate to certificates and ID cards that bear the RTITB logo. Additionally, we can offer counterbalance forklift training under CPCS and NPORS where required.
See more information below: