CPCS A58 360 Excavator Training – Above 10 Tonne
Click Here For CPCS A59 360 Excavator Training – Below 10 Tonne
360 Excavator Above 10 Tonne Training Course Outline
360 hydraulic excavators were introduced in the mid 1950s and rapidly became very popular because of their low weight compared to rope excavators of equal capacity, and due to their versatility.
360 Hydraulic excavators are in general use in the construction industry, and can also be found in most other industries including mining, quarrying, river authorities and inland waterways etc.
Sizes vary from 1 tonne mini-excavators, up to the largest machines weighing 500 tonnes or more.
Both tracked and wheeled units are available, and they can be fitted with a large variety of attachments.
360 excavator training above 10 tonne:
Industrial Training Services offer 360 excavator training courses for novices and semi experienced operators that would benefit from 360 excavator training before they take the operator test. For novice operators; CPCS & CITB recommend a minimum 10 day course – which is the duration of our CPCS 360 novice course.
For semi experienced operators, the duration may vary dependent on the experience the operator has.
Generally we recommend A59 CPCS 360 excavator testing. This is the most widely accepted scheme in the construction industry, offering the operator better work opportunities.
NPORS is accepted on some construction sites, however at present we would recommend A59 CPCS 360 excavator training and testing.
A59 CPCS 360 excavator testing is for the over 10 tonne machine. A59 CPCS 360 excavator training prepares the operator for both the theory and practical test.
Operators that achieve the required standards will be awarded the above & below 10 tonne category on their red CPCS card.
360 Excavator Above 10 Tonne Course Content
An A59 CPCS 360 excavator training course covers:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- (PUWER) Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- (LOLER) Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Different types of excavators
- Basic construction
- The purpose and use of all controls
- How to comply with manufacturer instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook
- Checking the 360 excavator is serviceable and stable for safe operation prior to use
- Pre-start and operational checks
- Checking safety devices are functioning as per operational specification
- Operating and manoeuvring machine
- Basic excavating
- Change the buckets (quick hitch)
- Levelling the excavated area
- Bulk material movement
- Excavating trenches
- In a straight line
- At 90°
- Square excavations
- Banks batters
- Operating the excavator on slopes and uneven ground
- Loading a vehicle from a stockpile and ground level
- Recognising and responding to given instructions
- Keeping within safe working parameters of the excavator and other machines in the area
- Placing the 360 excavator in an out-of-service condition, to isolate and secure the machine
- Limitations of use when using the 360 excavator
The A59 360 excavator training course provides the operative with the skills and knowledge they require to successfully achieve the standards the A59 360 excavator above 10 tonne test requires.
Need CPCS study notes?
By the end of an A59 360 excavator course, the operative will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the regulations that apply to the safe use of 360 excavator
- Carry out a full pre-start/shift check on the excavator and record their findings
- Carry out a full operational check on the excavator and record their findings
- Operate the excavator in line with the manufacturer’s operators’ instructions/manual
- Load a dumper to capacity
- Safely ascend and descend slopes
- Excavate to the correct levels and tolerances, for trenches, straight line, 90°, square excavations and banks batters
- Level an area to a good standard
- Change buckets safely and efficiently
- Keep within safe working parameters of the excavator
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition to isolate and secure
- Understand the limitations of use when operating the 360 excavator
- Report any problems or defects
At the end of the A59 360 excavator training course; the candidate should be able to achieve the required standards of the CPCS theory and practical test. If the candidate achieves the required standards of the CPCS test, then a red CPCS card will be awarded.
Health & Safety
Before you can take a CPCS test of any kind – you must have completed a health and safety touchscreen test within the past 2 years. If you haven’t done so, you can book a test using the telephone service on 0344 994 4488.